Our vets at American Pet Hospital in Modesto, offer breeding consultations and services including reproductive planning, artificial insemination and C-sections.
Breeding Your Pet
Our Modesto vets understand the commitment and financial investment that goes into breeding and showing purebred dogs and cats.
Whether this is your first time breeding your dog or cat, or you are an experienced breeder, our veterinarians are here to help. We are committed to ensuring that you and your animals have a stress-free experience as you move through the breeding process.
Our focus is on providing the services you need to ensure that your animal has a successful conception, healthy pregnancy and trouble-free birth.
Breeding Services at Our Modesto Clinic
At American Pet Hospital in Modesto we offer the reproductive services you need to produce and maintain the healthiest breeding litter possible including:
- Semen collection, evaluation
- Estrus induction and suppression in females
- Ovulation timing
- Artificial insemination (AI and SAI)
- Pregnancy diagnosis and management
- Whelping and c-sections
The type of artificial insemination used to impregnate your female dog or cat will be determined by the type and quality of the semen used.
- Vaginal Artificial Insemination VAI - Vaginal Artificial Insemination is recommended when the male is either inexperienced or unable to make a tie. AI has the added benefit of allowing your veterinarian the opportunity to perform a full analysis of the semen to check the concentration, and that the sample is free from abnormalities.
- Surgical Artificial Insemination (SAI)
SAI - Surgical Artificial Insemination is performed under general anesthetic and takes approximately 30 - 45 minutes to complete. Surgical insemination is the best option for females with long-standing fertility issues as well as in cases where semen quality is impaired.